It’s one thing to feel comfortable at work, but it’s a better thing to feel satisfied by it. But how do you know which emotion you’re feeling? TopCV.com has six ways to determine job satisfaction:
- On Sunday night you’re not dreading going to work the next day
- You can see a clear path forward and are confident you will progress beyond your current role
- You feel respected and appreciated by your manager
- You’re rarely bored by your work
- You are given the opportunity to learn more
- You are comfortable speaking up whether a mistake is made by you or someone else
If you agree with all or most of these statements, you are likely happy with your current job. If you don’t agree with any or most of these points, it’s likely time to look elsewhere for work.
There’s a takeaway here for clinic owners and managers, as well. Trust your associates and staff to perform meaningful, challenging work while providing respect and encouragement. In the end you will be rewarded with satisfied employees who are productive and happy at work.
Whether you’re an associate looking for a more meaningful or satisfying workplace, or you’re a veterinarian wanting to recruit new members of your staff, give me a call or send me an email. We can discuss how my team has a 93 percent success rate in finding and providing quality candidates.